When a child is faced with a behavioural disorder, emotional problem or psychological problems, the impact is far-reaching, affecting everything from the child’s home, school and social life to the emotional wellness of the entire family.
Department of Child Psychology and Special Education Services at Kailash Hospital & Heart Institute works to mitigate this impact while caring for children, adolescents and their families. The Department offers a full continuum of Behavioral Health Services for many childhood emotional, behavioural and developmental disorders, including:
- Assessment of developmental or learning disorders.
- Mood and anxiety disorders.
- Adjustment disorders related to acute and chronic stressors.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
- Behavioral Adjustment and Emotional Problems of Childhood.
- Cognitive problems (e.g., memory, reasoning, language and attention problems).
When evaluating and treating children the psychologist takes into consideration the context of the child’s environment, including the entire family and educational setting. In all cases, family members may be invited to actively participate in the child’s evaluation and treatment.
The Special Education expertise provides early diagnostic and intervention services to children with developmental delays/mental retardation, Autism Spectrum Disorder, cerebral palsy, Down Syndrome, ADD, Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorders (ADHD), visual, hearing or physical impairments, as also children with brain damage due to various reasons such as antenatal/ natal problems in mothers, birth asphyxia, illnesses in children during infancy and early childhood years.